Saturday, January 3, 2009

What a Crazy, Crashing, Crafty Christmas!!!

PART TWO: WHAT A CRASHING GOOD TIME WE HAD!

Cheesy, I know...humor me a little...I just got back from about a 4 mile hike (I'll blog about that soon!) and I'm exhausted!

So, onto the rest of my Christmas festivities! After the Tacky Sweater Christmas Party, we all came home to continue another family tradition...watching Tommy Boy. Now, I realize most families are watching Miracle on 42nd Street or even The Christmas Story, but if you know my family well, you know we're not in the least bit normal...so we watch Tommy Boy. I think we get more enjoyment out of watching Blair and Colin imitate Chris Farley than Chris Farley himself.

"Brothers don't shake hands...brothers gotta hug!"

"I swear to the god of skinny little punks..."

By the time we finished watching the movie, it was pretty late so we decided to crash for the night. Christmas morning we all woke up and had a wonderful time opening presents, drinking coffee, eating cranberry bread and just hanging out as a family. The highlight for Sierra and Campbell (Colin's puppy) was the massive box of milk bones Mom and Dad got them.

Campbell and Sierra are very attentive when bones are involved.

Colin and Blair in their Panthers jerseys.

I wish I had more pictures of us opening presents Christmas day but they all ended up on my parents' camera. It'll pretty much take an act of God to get them onto my computer, but if it happens in the near future, I'll be sure to post them. :)

After the madness of the gift exchange subsided, it was time to get ready for dinner with our good family friends the Bayards (see Part One...Ruth and Amanda Bayard are part of the Mother Daughter crew) and the arrival of Aunt Pam and Uncle Gary along with Cousin Cassie! Dad ran out in hopes of finding an open grocery for one final ingredient as Pam, Gary and Cassie made their way to our house from the Charlotte airport. As they walked through the door, the phone rang...it was Dad...he had been rear-ended...CRASH!!! Everyone was okay...the girl who was driving the other car felt so bad...she had her little boy with her. Dad asked if they had been wearing their seat belts and she said that her son had told her to put hers on 10 minutes before the accident! God has really good timing!

This is Dad's car...unfortunately, I think the insurance company has totaled it. They only had 5 more months until it was paid off!


This was the car that rear-ended Dad...you can't tell, but the air bag deployed.

As we were all gathered around the cars and waiting for the Highway Patrol to write up the tickets, my Uncle Gary and I decided to check out the contents of Dad's trunk to make sure everything was okay. Gary checked out the golf clubs to make sure nothing was damaged...my main concern was the case of wine that we were supposed to have at Christmas dinner. Both the clubs and the wine were in tact...Whew!

With all of the excitement and activity, someone else crashed...

Campbell snuck her way onto Dad's chair while we were gone.

We ended the day with an incredible dinner with incredible family and friends. I am now remembering all of the pictures of the Bayards beautiful house and the table set for Christmas dinner and am determined to get those from my Mom to post soon!

Keep checking back for another post about how my crafty side showed itself after Christmas! Until then...cheers!

No comments: