Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Few Things that Scream FALL

I've always been a lover of season change! I love the days when you can first notice a change! The first truly warm day when you know that beach season has begun. Or the first cool day when a hoodie would be a good idea to wear in the morning. On those days, you can almost smell the change in the air.

So since I haven't really experienced a true fall in a few years (don't get many of those at the beach...humidity sticks around until Thanksgiving...I swear!) I'm really enjoying the fall in Greenville. I'm posting some pictures I've taken over the past couple weeks as I've celebrated Fall making its appearance!

College Football Season
Auburn vs. LSU Tailgate Warrrrrrrrrrr Eagle! Hey!
September 20, 2008


Banana Nut Muffins
by Krusteaz
I tried to find the Pumpkin mix but had to settle for Banana Nut. I'd recommend this mix though! They were really good!
(Jennie--if you're reading this, the answer is yes...I was blog stalking and found the idea for the mix and the picture from Darby's blog. I can't help myself sometimes!)


Pumpkin Spice Latte
from Starbucks
I discovered this latte last year and it's the perfect blend of coffee and fall flavor. It's pretty sweet so I can't handle much more than a tall.

Apple Juice and Fall Apples
I love Simply Orange juice and thought I'd try the apple version today when I was at the grocery! It's awesome! It's the dark kind of apple juice that reminds me of apple cider. Any time I see apple juice or apples, I think about the mountains when the leaves change and the apples are ready to be picked! You'd think I grew up on an apple farm. Truth is...I've never even been to an apple orchard but I remember when my parents would go to the mountains in North Carolina and bring back a ton of apples and make homemade applesauce.


Red Wine
I think the best time to drink red wine is when it's cool outside...and you have a nice grilled steak to go with it! The best part of this picture is the fact that I had to pour myself another glass of wine. Oh well!


Hope you are enjoying the Fall weather too!

1 comment:

The Rays said...

actually the first thing i thought of when i saw that it said banana nut muffins was darby's blog! i need to send you the recipe for my pumpkin muffins (they, of course, have chocolate chips in them!). yum!! its not a mix but very well could be its so easy.