Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Brush with Greatness

My mom used to always refer to a "brush with greatness" as a time when you met or had some connection or experience with fame.

Like the time I went to the James Taylor concert in high school and made my parents drive by the hotel where he was staying so I could meet him... (yes, they were at the concert with me and my friends but sat several rows back...that's what you get when you think it's cool to claim your parents music as your own...they go to concerts with you).

Or the time I sat across the bar from Charles Barkley in Auburn.

Or when my college roommates and I drove to Columbus, Ga to see a band called Soul Miners Daughter and talked to the lead singer, Jennifer Nettles, who just so happens to be 1/2 of the big time country act Sugarland now.

Well...I just thought I'd share with y'all another "brush with greatness" I've had lately. My good friend David owns a foam insulation company called EcoLogical Insulation which is based out of Auburn, Alabama. I had never heard of spray foam insulation before David started this company but I've actually enjoyed learning more about it over the past year. Their website is pretty cool too...check it out to learn more about this 'green' insulation.

Recently, David and Brycen, David's business partner, were given the opportunity to insulate one of the houses built on Extreme Makeover Home Edition! The episode airs next Sunday, April 26th! David and Brycen were given a narrow window of time to insulate the entire house...starting at 2 a.m.!!! It was a pretty interesting experience according to David.

So...mark your calendars, set your watches, and schedule the DVR for Sunday, April 26th on your local ABC station and watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition and make sure to look out for these two guys...

David and Brycen

No comments: