Sunday, August 17, 2008

8 For 8!!!


Well, I'm a little tired this morning thanks to Michael Phelps! I thought he was supposed to swim at 10:15 p.m. last night but no...he had to wait until 10:55 p.m. I tell you what...my Olympic viewing schedule has really taken a toll on me! :) By the time I stayed up for the medal ceremony and interviews, it was after midnight! It was worth it though. What an amazing relay! Oh, and did anyone hear Bob Costas point out that the number 8 is considered lucky in China? This would be the reason why the Olympics started on 8-08-08. Isn't it incredible then, that Phelps broke the record to win 8 gold medals???
I went to Mass this morning at St. Mary's downtown and really enjoyed it. They have a young adults group that looks pretty active that I think would be a good way to meet more people in Greenville. I also noticed that the high school youth group is taking a retreat to Camp Kahdalea next weekend! I was a JC in 1995 and a counselor in 2000 at Camp Kahdalea. Paige and David went to Camp Kahdalea/Chosatonga as well. I actually met Paige for the first time when I was 15 at camp!
I also wanted to share with anyone/everyone who checks this blog from time to time the e-card that Blair sent me the other day. Before I go on, click here to view it. It took me a couple times of listening to it to understand what the guy(?) was saying but evidently my family is cooking something up in Charleston for my 30th birthday this month. No doubt that some of you reading this right now are laughing because YOU are in on the plan and I have NO IDEA!! As always...I'm clueless! So we'll see...and if any of you want to help a sister out and fill me in on the plan...you know how to reach me! :) The suspense is killing me!

No comments: