Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Have Blog Envy

In my down time, when I'm not obsessing over Michael Phelps, I've discovered a new obsession...other people's blogs! I read them every chance I get! It's crazy! Mostly, I stick to people I know personally (try not to be too nosy) but sometimes friends will turn me on to someone else's blog that is interesting and it becomes part of my daily rountine of blog stalking! I discovered some really cool blogs out there and also have noticed that some people have really cool custom backgrounds! How did they do it? Where did they get all the cool graphics? How did I end up with the lame template that comes with Blogger.com? Is there anybody out there who can tell me how to come out of my lameness and enter to world of cool blog custom backgrounds?

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

My husband is one of those who changes his blog look every year or so and it usually ends up looking a lot different from the template that he starts with.

I think what he does is pick a basic standard looking template and then tweak the crap out of it under customize. He changes heading photos, background colors, fonts, font colors, etc.

(The ironic thing, is that I'm the graphic designer, and I didn't do anything to my template!)

Don't know if that helps...