Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Still Sleepy!

So, Sierra sleeps in my room (on the floor, not in my bed! I have a thing with dogs in bed...I can't stand the hair and Sierra is a bed hog). She used to sleep in her crate but that stopped around the time that she started waking up at 4:00 am and barking! The bark collar worked for a while but then I decided that she spent so much time in her crate during the day, it wasn't such a bad idea to let her sleep in my room. I started this down in Charleston and she did great. Her bed was on the floor about 2 feet away from mine and each night we would go to our respective beds and turn in for the night.

Lately, however, Sierra dog has been a bit restless. I've woken up for the past couple nights to her shaking her head (she has an ear infection which I think is why she's shaking) so of course, her collar makes noise. So, I've taken her collar off before she goes to bed. That seemed to work for a while. But last night, she came up with a new trick to wake me up.

About 3:30 am, I wake up to what sounded like my poor dog using every muscle in her body to hurl all over my carpet. I threw on the light, sprung out of bed and hurried her into the bathroom on the tile floor. Once in the bathroom, she stares up at me with a grin on her sweet face, as if to say, "Wanna play?" Oooooh! I was not happy! So now that my eyes are adjusted to the light and I feel as if I've run around the block a few times after the mad sprint to the bathroom to avoid massive damage to my carpet, I'm wide awake. And what does Sierra do once she realizes that it's not time to play? Well, she just goes back to her bed and falls asleep. Needless to say, the snooze button on my alarm was pushed a couple extra times this morning! Praise God for Office Days!

No comments: