Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekends in Greenville

I just thought I'd post some pictures of what's been going on in Greenville over the past couple weekends. My last post was about my girls weekend with Erin and Jenn. Here are a couple pictures. Don't you love how Erin and I are twins in the first picture and Jenn and I are dressed alike in the next? I'm a complete copy cat!


On the bridge in Falls Park

At SkyTop Apple Orchard

This past weekend, Mom and Dad came up to Greenville with the Bayards to stay with the Schmidts. On Saturday, we all went up to Table Rock to hike and have a picnic lunch. The hike brought back memories of when we came up to Greenville to visit Bill and Jean when I was younger and we all hiked Table Rock. I can remember sliding down one of the rocks into the water below. Table Rock is only about 45 minutes away from Greenville so I hope that I'll get up there again soon! I think Sierra was a mountain goat in her former life! She never stopped...my hands felt like they were rope burned from pulling back on the leash so much! She loved it.

I have to say though, one of the more memorable moments for me was what happened after we got back from the hike. While we were hiking, Ruth Bayard stayed behind because her foot was bothering her. So we planned to meet her at the trail head for lunch. After we ate lunch, Ruth walked up to the restroom before we got in the car to go back to Greenville. Mom, Jean, and I were talking around the table as Ruth walked up the hill. Mom was holding onto Sierra when all of a sudden Sierra starts barking in Ruth's direction. We all looked up at Ruth and it seemed like she was fine...so we just told Sierra to lock it up. Sierra kept at it though. A couple minutes later, after non stop barking, we realized that Ruth was still up at the top of the hill and hadn't made it to the restroom yet and she was limping. She started calling down to us so her husband John ran up the hill to her. Turns out that she had twisted her ankle and was really hurt. I'm not saying that my dog is a genius...but I am convinced that she has a 6th sense!


Sierra and Dexter



Okay...so I was going to post pictures that I took of Fall for Greenville, but since it just took me almost 30 minutes to post the last few, I think I'll take a break for today! Is anyone else having problems posting pictures to your blog? Everytime I try to post them, they go the the top of the post and then I have to drag them to the spot in the post where I want them to be. Lately, it's been next to impossible to drag them...they just don't move! What am I doing wrong? Should I post the pictures first and then type around? Help!

2 comments:

The Rays said...

i get really frustrated posting pictures too so i usually just upload them all and then do the typing. sounds like you've been having lots of fun lately. parker's sick so we're stuck at home. yuck!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that make the 2nd time Sierra has tried to save someone. Sounds like she needs to get a job with the fire dept.